|A designer addresses
analysis too, which should be much more efficient and
reaches to improvement of design technique rather than
seeking new hints of design without using CAE tools.
ANSYS DesignSpace is a tool to effectively
adopt analysis in the design process. This tool enables
customers to produce high quality products in which
the design intents are reflected.
- A navigation system embedded in the wizard operation
environment is praised by existing users.
- Full range of online help capability provides
from operation guide to information and know-how
on basic analysis knowledge.
- Menus with fewer hierarchical levels allow you
to conduct analysis process with much less operational
- Assembly data created in a 3D CAD system can be
directly used for analysis.
Many numbers of parts can be easily processed because
contact between parts is automatically defined.
- Supported contact types:
- Bonded: Parts are completely fixed.
- Frictionless sliding without separation: applied
to a gear model.
- Sliding with Separation: non-linear assembly contact
- DesignSpace embeds the surface
to surface contact which enables a wide range of
analysis application and allows you a more true
representation of the entire assembly without sacrificing
speed or accuracy.
| Easy-to-use meshing
- DesignSpace meshing provides automatic
processing as much as possible. This enables creation
of geometry-dependent fine meshes (smart sized mesh)
and allows you to control the total number of meshes
(elements) easily with a scroll bar.
- Users can manually control meshing and preview.
After the preview, you can control the mesh size
in a certain area and create finer meshes for the
area of R geometry.
- DesignSpace uses high degree elements
having intermediate points, automatically creates
hexahedral meshes for possible hexahedral sweep
mesh. Those mesh could be changed to tetrahedral
- Automatic adaptive capability allows refining
the mesh and improving the analysis accuracy with
successive iteration calculation.
|Associativity with CAD system and
- DesignSpace can run from the menu
on a supported CAD system. The geometry change made
in the CAD system is easily loaded into DesignSpace
by using the "Update" icon. In addition, dimension
parameter setting made in the CAD system is loaded
- You can set dimensions, material property values
and loading condition of 3D CAD as parameters, and
continuously execute analysis with various combination
of parameters. This is very useful to determine
the direction of design change.
- DesignSpace supports many 3D CAD
systems to apply to various design environments,
so that you can implement this CAE system in your
current CAD environment.
3DCAD: Solid Edge , NX,
Solid Works, Autodesk Inventor,
Kernel: Parasolid , ACIS
|Result evaluation and auto-report
- A maximum of four windows can be shown. Analysis
results, analysis setting conditions and mesh shape
can be shown on a single widow.
- You can select rectangular coordinate system or
cylindrical coordinate system to show results. When
you select cylindrical coordinate system, the results
of the amount of displacement in a radius direction
and stress, etc can be shown.
- Design information, material property, analysis
conditions, analysis results are automatically exported
as a report in the html format.
* ANSYS DesignSpace is a trademark of SAS IP, Inc., subsidiary of ANSYS Inc.
* All other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.