Solid Edge Simulation, the finite element analysis application newly added to Solis Edge ST2, has been incorporated into the Solid Edge product and enables you to analyze a part, sheetmetal and assembly.
- Analysis type : Static / Linear buckling / Modal
- Mesh type : tetrahedral, face (triangle, quadrilateral)
- Mesh control : Edge, face, body size
- Constraint functions (six types) : Fixed, pin fixation, no rotation, slide along face and cylinder
- Loads conditions (five types) : Force, compression, gravity, centrifugal, temperature and displacement
- Support assemblies : joint relation (automatic / manual, connection / linear)
- Output analysis results to another file (.ssd)
- Output to Feamp (.mod)
- Output report, proof and animation
- Maintain multiple analysis results (Study)
Using the tabs, you can switch the system to Solid Edge Simulation easily. The menus for CAE operation are designed with the same interfaces for the CAD system. You are able to perform analysis by only using the commands in order which are classified for every step.
Solid Edge Simulation allows you to analyze a created part immediately without creating data for analysis. The ability to perform analysis in a same condition repeatedly facilitates re-verification of modified design. Adoption of analysis on an early stage of the design process helps reduce rework of design data and man-hours.
Solid Edge Simulation allows you to analyze an assembly by defining a joint relation between the parts. There are two types of joint relation – connection and linear. The system also provides mesh control for each part to adjust accuracy and time for analysis.
Solid Edge Simulation includes required and efficient functionalities to verify the quality of a product model during the design process – static, modal and linear buckling analysis. Available mesh types are tetrahedral and face (triangle and quadrilateral). The system also provides mesh control for each body, face or edge, and allows you to add the six types of loads (e.g., force, compression, gravity) and the five types of constraint conditions (e.g., fixed, pin fixation).
In comparison with Simulation Express, Solid Edge Simulation provides the greater functionalities of assembly analysis and mesh control. The engineers using other CAE products should realize the effect of association with CAD data and management of applications.
- Solid Edge is a registered trademark of Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc..
- All other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.